Labor of Love
From Award Winning Mixologist, Matthew Biancaniello
- Watermelon Rind Pieces
- 1/2 - 1 Bottle Rye Whiskey
- 3/4 oz Cocktail Artist™ Old Fashioned Mix
- 2 Dashes Aromatic Bitters
- 1 Pinch Ghost Pepper Salt
- 1 Lemon Peel
- Air-Sealed Container
- Bar Spoon
- Mixing Glass
- Rocks Glass
- Vegetable Peeler
HOW TO MAKE
- Combine 2 oz watermelon rind-infused rye whiskey, old-fashioned mix, bitters and salt into a mixing glass, add one large ice cube, and stir.
- Strain into a rocks glass (without ice).
- Peel and zest a lemon peel over the top of the cocktail and discard (i.e. do not place in glass).
Preparation – watermelon rind-infused rye whiskey:
Combine watermelon rinds and 1/2 – 1 bottle of rye whiskey in an air-sealed container for 5-7 days.
Get inspired or mix up your own creation!
The key to mixing great cocktails is great ingredients! To develop the very best for you, we collaborated with Award Winning Mixologists to create a line of premium, high quality ingredients you can trust. Each comes with a promise of no artificial flavors, colors or high fructose corn syrup. Unleash the cocktail artist in you with these essential ingredients along with great recipes and coaching from our Award Winning Cocktail Artist team.